Now in its sixth year, #Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving that happens on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. The goal of this day is to make donations and/or volunteer time to organizations that help people in need. This giving event is fueled through social media and collaboration.
Here are 8 examples of FSL programs that your #GivingTuesday donations support:
- Partnerships, like the one with ASU and Help Heal Vets, for programs that help veterans find new purpose through creativity and recreational therapy.
- Keeping FSL’s food pantry stocked with food, cleaning supplies, and personal care items for seniors and adults with disabilities, who would otherwise do without because of limited income.
- Providing support programs for caregivers and their families, including seminars and free personalized care coordination.
- Ensuring affordable and safe housing for aging adults and adults with disabilities.
- Maintaining programs for making home repairs to keep seniors safe in their homes.
- Delivering meals to the homes of adults in need.
- Offering adult day programs that give families peace of mind that their loved ones are safe and active when they cannot be with them.
- Funding the Kindness Closet program to provide adults with disabilities with the medical equipment they need.
Your donation to FSL qualifies for the Arizona Charitable Giving Tax Credit, a dollar-for-dollar credit on your taxes. Learn more about tax credit donations, and thank you for supporting FSL.