FSL’s Legacy Society Helps You Leave a Legacy to Help Your Community
Do you want to help Arizonans in need of safe homes, nutritious meals, community-based healthcare, and caregiver support? Are you looking for a way to make a lasting impact on your community? You can meet your financial goals, support your family’s wishes, and maximize your philanthropic legacy by designating a legacy gift to FSL. Call today to learn how a beneficiary designation, gift in your will or trust, or a life income gift can benefit you and FSL.
What gifts qualify me for membership in FSL’s Legacy Society?
- A bequest, which is a gift included in your will or living trust.
- A gift of retirement assets, such as 401(k) plans or IRAs.
- A life income gift can be an important way to give you and/or a loved one income for life, provide unique tax benefits and benefit FSL, all at the same time!
- Gifts of life insurance policies you may no longer need may help fund FSL programs.
3 Steps to Donate to FSL Through Your Will
Step 1: Choose the type of gift you’d like to make
- Unrestricted bequest. This is a donation for our general program purposes, to be directed where it is most needed.
- Honorary or memorial gift. This is a gift given in tribute or memory of someone.
- A gift to start an endowment benefitting FSL or add to FSL’s existing endowment. This is a donation that will provide for FSL’s mission and programs in perpetuity.
Step 2: Meet with your estate planning attorney
- Whether you need to create a will or simply update an older document, you’ll want to seek the help of an estate planning attorney. Specific bequest language to share with your attorney is provided below.
Step 3: Contact us
• We cherish the chance to welcome donors to FSL’s Legacy Society (although we will honor your preferences regarding anonymity). Please contact FSL’s Chief of Community Engagement, Megan Word, at (602) 285-1800 or by email (hyperlink to firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask questions or request a copy of FSL’s Legacy Society Giving Summary.
Sample Bequest Language:
“I bequest to FSL (Tax I.D. 86-0298945) in Phoenix, Arizona the sum
of $________ or _________% of the residue of my estate as an unrestricted gift
to be used in the area of greatest need at the time the gift is received.”
**Note: Advice of legal counsel should be secured before the use of any specific form of bequest**
Federal Tax I.D. 86-0298945
Contact Information: Foundation for Senior Living, 1201 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85014