The Power of Play
The Tovertafel is an award-winning dementia care tool used by over 6000 care facilities worldwide. The first-of-its-kind gaming system was developed in the Netherlands to improve the quality of life for aging citizens living with cognitive disabilities. The Tovertafel, (Dutch for “Magic Table”), is a gaming system that through it’s “interactive light projections, games stimulate physical activity, social interaction, and cognition,” (Tover, 2021)
FSL has set a goal to bring this same delight to our Recreación members, and we need your help this GivingTuesday.
Our goal is to raise $11,520 to buy a Tovertafel.
The interactive games system for people with cognitive disabilities is perfect for our clients for a myriad of reasons:
- It’s smart. The system projects images on a table and sensors react to players’ hand motions. Players can do things like catch fish, pop bubbles, and play with leaves.
- It’s simple. The Tovertafel can be installed and moved quickly, making it the perfect mobile device for our various Recreación sites and clients.
- It’s unlimited. The games are endless. These serious games help folks stay active, connect with others, and feel more joy.
“Families are blown away by what this technology can do. The Tovertafel unlocks the imagination of our residents. And for a few precious moments, it helps our residents, our families, and caregivers rediscover who these extraordinary individuals truly are.” Pam Tokarczuk, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Program Director, Van Dyk Healthcare, NJ
The folks we care for deserve to have access to any tool that’s going to enrich their lives. If you agree, will you help us reach our GivingTuesday goal by making a gift today?
Established in 1974, FSL is dedicated to providing integrated, customized care for those who need it in the Phoenix area. We offer a wide range of home- and community-based services, including:
- Affordable housing options
- Nutritious meal programs
- Health & Wellness programs
- Senior centers
- Recreation programs
- Support for caregivers
These services are designed to enable Arizonans of all ages to live happier, healthier, more independent lives. So, if you or someone you know is struggling to have their needs met, don’t hesitate to contact us and find out how we can help you. And if you’re looking to give back, consider donating or volunteering your time to our mission. We can’t wait to work with you!
To learn about FSL nutrition programs, click below!