Foundation for Senior Living (FSL), NW Valley Community Action Program is hosting a special utility assistance day on Saturday, June 3 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Peoria Community Center, located at 8335 W. Jefferson St., Peoria, Ariz. 85345. Residents of Peoria, Sun Cities, Waddell and Youngtown are eligible to apply. Assistance will be granted on a first come, first serve basis and persons in line as of 8:30 a.m. will be given a number in order of their place in line.
If your household has received utility assistance from a CAP office in the last 12 months, you will not be eligible to apply for assistance this time. Screenings will begin at 9 a.m. and you must have a number to been seen. A number is not a guarantee of an interview. An interview is not a guarantee of assistance.
You must bring with you:
· For Applicant Only: U.S. Birth Certificate or U.S. Passport or Proof of current legal resident status. The applicant must be a member of the household for which they are completing the application.
· For Applicant Only: Photo Identification
· Social security cards or official verification of social security numbers for ALL household member
· Verification of ALL income received from May 5, 2017 to June 3, 2017 by any household member. For example: Social Security award letter, paystubs, verification of unemployment insurance benefits, pensions, child support checks, DES cash assistance, award letter or printout, etc. Your household income for the last 30 days, including date of application, must be within the State Median Income Guidelines
· Current or most recent utility bill for electric and gas. Please bring the entire statement or bill that shows a full month’s billing cycle or service for the most recent month. SPR M-Power Customers – bring account number and a 30 day payment history available from SPR.
All of these documents are required to allow us to take an application for utility assistance. Please come prepared. If you are unable to attend the special Saturday event but need utility bill assistance please call 623-979-3911. Applications are taken each week on a first come first serve basis.
About Foundation for Senior Living (FSL)
FSL has a long history of helping families with issues such as health, hunger, aging, illness, loneliness and substandard housing. 3 million Baby Boomers will turn 65 every year for the next 20 years. Our team is ready to help Arizonans manage the aging process by providing resources, education and support. We’re committed to improving the quality of life for individuals and caregivers in Arizona. To learn more about our programs and services, visit: www.fsl.org.