Make this month all about YOU!
September is Self-Improvement Month; a time to improve yourself, set new goals, and eliminate the negative things in your life that are holding you back. One of the best investments that you can make in your life is to invest in improving yourself physically, spiritually, and mentally. Self-improvement could be any set of steps or actions (minor or major) that you take with an aim of making yourself better than you were before.
If you’re unsure of where to start, here are a few practical ways of improvement to consider:
- Pick up a new hobby – This is ideal for those individuals who feel their everyday routine is burning through their desire to get through the day. Finding a new hobby or activity of interest will take your mind off of the norm and give you new and exciting things to look forward to.
- Sit in on a seminar or workshop – The best part of starting a new day is being able to learn something new. Look into local seminars, workshops, or webinars you find of interest. Though you might feel well informed on a topic, listening to others insight on such topic can give you a different perspective and outlook.
- Start your days earlier – Starting your day earlier gives you more time to accomplish and tackle tasks on your to-do list. While waking up early can be harder for those who work late or have a hard time sleeping at night, beginning your day earlier could actually help you better manage your sleep to ensure you don’t oversleep. We could all use some extra sleep once in a while, but overdoing it actually makes you feel more exhausted throughout the day.
- Incorporate exercise into your daily routine – Being in good physical shape is important when it comes to mental health. Making sure you are taking care of your body allows for the mind to follow. Mixing up your exercises lets different areas of the body to be targeted; jogging, cardio at the gym or at home, and even swimming are all good exercises to begin with.
- Do something out of your comfort zone, often – Being too comfortable and staying in your comfort zone does not promote self-growth. In order to be the best version of yourself that you can, you must evolve as you get older and wiser. Being afraid of change isn’t healthy for anyone, no matter the circumstances. Shake up your routine, do something different every once in a while!
- Quit a bad habit – We all have our own bad habits, whether they are obvious or not. While some we may feel we need to function there are some bad habits that are okay to lose. Do you oversleep often? Show up to work late because you get away with it? Bite your nails when you’re nervous? Smoke but wish you would quit? YOU CAN, to all of the above! With dedication and a stern mindset you could be on the road to better habits in no time!